Thursday, December 30, 2010

It Can Wait

AT&T TXTing & Driving: It Can Wait
I have to get serious here because this issue has been popping up all over the USA. Never text while driving! I know there are a lot of teenagers reading this thinking doing this isn't dangerous at all. Well, let me tell you a story and give some known facts. There once was a young woman on the verge of graduating from high school. She was invited to see a softball game with a boy. While driving, the boy texted here, "Where you at?" For one measly second, she looked at her phone and texted back to him. Before she could even press send, she clipped a median, went on the wrong side of the road, and crashed head on into oncoming traffic. She was then rushed to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead. There's my story. Now, let me give you some facts about this dangerous habit. Did you know that Texting while Driving is and I quote 6x more dangerous than drunk driving. Let that sink in: 6x more dangerous than drunk driving. What this means is that if you text while you drive, there's an 90% chance you'll end up in a ditch, spin your car out, or worse, die. I personally don't do this while driving. I think it's stupid and pointless. Just set your car up with bluetooth and call the person. That way, your hands are still on the wheel, you're still focused on the road, and you are more likely to make it home safely. If my story and facts aren't as convincing, then take a look at this documentary produced by AT&T and see if that changes your mind.



Share On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment