Saturday, January 16, 2010

Electric beats Petrol



Ever since the Global Warming threat was introduced, America and countries around the world have been working to make the earth greener. According to the presenter of this threat, Al Gore, the cause of the ice caps melting in the North Pole is the carbon dioxide being produced in our cars. Because of this, many car companies have come up with solutions on how to reduce this compound from melting the ice caps. One car company in particular has astounded many environmentalists and drivers today. With the combination of a state-of-the-art lithium ion storage system and a powerful electric motors, the new Tesla Roadster has left electric hybrids and supercars in "green" dust.



The 2010 Tesla Roadster is the fastest and the most powerful electric car yet. Under the hood, you'll find an advanced 4-Pole Electric Motor generating 288 horsepower. With a 0-60 in an astonishing 3.9 seconds, the Tesla Roadster reaches a limited top speed of 130 miles per hour. This means that this electric car accelerates faster than Porsche 911, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, and even its design inspiration, the Lotus Elise. Because it's an electric car, the need for gas has been taken out. Emitting zero emissions, the Tesla Roadster is one of the greenest cars of all time. I'm surprised they don't have green as a color for this car.



As I mentioned before, the design of the Tesla Roadster is similar to that of the Lotus Elise.



Both cars are lightweight, weighing up to 2500 lb., and make corners with ease. The only difference is their engines. While the Elise is powered by direct-injected 4-cylinder engine, the Tesla Roadster is powered by an advanced electric engine, which actually has more power than the 4-cylinder elise engine.

At 288 horsepower, you'd expect the Tesla Roadster to have a fuel economy of 30 miles per gallon, right? Not even close. The Tesla Roadster gets an estimated 250 mpc (miles per charge). Thanks to its long-lasting lithium ion battery, drivers can go for weeks without charging the car, saving hundreds of dollars on gas. More importantly, like a charger included with a cell phone, when you buy a Tesla Roadster, you get the charger, too. At night, before you go to bed, you can plug you're charger into a wall like a cell phone charger and allow the car to regenerate overnight. In the morning, unplug the charger, turn on the car, and start driving. It's even possible to take this car on long distance road trips and still be able to charge it. Basically, with this car, the nearest charging station is the nearest electrical outlet.



The Tesla Roadster may look like an ideal sports car, but it was a $6 million project by Tesla motors. Because of this, the base price of the Roadster is $110,000. The Tesla Roadster has generated a very unique waiting list. Ever since its launch in 2007, many celebrities have wanted one including George Clooney, Matt Damon, Will.I.Am, even the governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, said it was an ideal sports car for the road and the environment. Therefore, If you can afford it, and you really care about the earth, buy this car. Al Gore would.

9 comments:

  1. I think I just fell in love. That's by far my favorite car yet. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, electric, and zero emissions!!!...too bad Christmas just past because that'd be the only thing on my list. Awesome article and thank you for introducing me to my dream car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheres the nearest dealership? I would love to go test drive one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be one in New York

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love Telsa its such a sweet car. I drove by a dealership in LA and took a peak at the globally efficient roadster, sheer beauty. It is truly a marvelous invention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just because you said Al Gore would, now I have to get it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay so...I just realized that I won't have that much money any time soon. So I'm going to have to find a back up car...at a more reasonable price. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lotus elise is pretty good on fuel and isn't as expensive. Or you could wait for Tesla's new model, the Model S, which is the roadster in sedan form

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see the ladies screaming as we spea-I mean blog:

    "Oh my god George Clooney has one I must have one G-E-O-R-G-E...I LOVE HIM!!!!"

    But Obi, you've got me secretly shrieking like those Oprah-loving sugar-daddy-marrying trophy wives. Sometimes I hate reading this blog because you make me want these crazy awesome cars when I don't even have $100 in my wallet!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. $110,000-rats!!! But maybe if I slap on the makeup my big raise will cover it? ;)

    Love the concept. Wonder how much electricity it would use...nice to charge it at your house but wondering what elec. bill would be. Any stats/#s on that, Obi?

    ReplyDelete