Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NFS Hot Pursuit Car Profiles: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
This is the last year we'll see the this glorious bull in production. Ever since it's introduction in 2002, this car has become one of the supercar greats. Need For Speed have sponsored it all this time. In fact, the Murcielago's game debut was in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 back in 2002. This LP640 shown here debuted in 2006 with Need For Speed: Carbon and went on its way into this game. The last Murcielago ever made was a Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce, which rolled off the Lamborghini assembly line last month. This truly has been a car for the ages. To honor it, I gave it one last test drive in Seacrest County.

Mountain Cruise
I really am going to miss this raging bull. I'm going to miss it's 6.5-liter 631 horsepower V12 engine that delivers an impressive symphony of sound from the rear exhaust. I'm going to miss it's automatic lifting vents after traveling at over 160 MPH. I'm going to miss it's rather sexy styling. I'm going to miss a lot of things with this car. It's a good thing I'm driving it now, or else I'll lose sight of everything.

Scenic Drive
This car just looks awesome anywhere and performs spectacular everywhere. I mean look at this picture here that I took. I don't think you'll see the Murcielago speed down a highway and look any cooler than that. When driving this car, it feels so contained. The handling is so precise and the car feels like nothing. Thanks to the car's Audi-inspired all-wheel drive system, the car remains stable and is a very good gripper in the corners. Even when performing drifts, this car is a mental. It drives hard, but is so contained. It's just so cool!

Bridge Shot
The Murcielago has been with us for a long time and, alas, we have to say goodbye to it. Also passing away with this car is it's V12 engine that has been here since the 1980's with the Miura. However, don't despair. An all new 7.0-liter V12 engine has been built in order to complete the Murcielago's successor, the Aventador. Yes, the Murcielago's death will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment